Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Analyst will reside primarily on the media side and will be responsible for understanding campaign objectives, setting up reporting for applicable accounts, deriving insights from data, providing strategic direction and guidance for improvements, and identifying trends across the market that can lead to improvements across all of HYFN. In addition, the Analyst will be expected to delve into research that will provide results on topics that have a value-add effect on HYFN, be it internal or external.
• Help facilitate performance audits for new business opportunities to tell a story of what client’s are doing today and what we suggest they should be doing tomorrow
• Engage in Media Brainstorms with the Director of Strategy to help formulate the “big idea” for upcoming media pitches and ensure the analytical perspective is
Management & Training:
• Guide media team and clients on expectation setting for the analytical output of each account.
• Help facilitate training for new hires in both analytics, media and creative to provide background on the analytics department and the current process at HYFN.
• Train existing media teams and clients on the benefits and use of other deeper analytical analysis and tools outside of the day to day reporting outputs. (Statistical
Analysis, BI Visuals, Data Science etc)
• While still responsible for specific account work, he/she should also take an interest in all active accounts and identify where areas of opportunity exist or areas of
concern are that should be addressed immediately with internal teams.
• Serve as a thought leader on associated accounts and tasks, conveying the findings of the assignment and using the knowledge obtained to inform or explain the
next steps that should be taken.
• Work closely with Director of Analytics on the offerings of the Analytics team. Provide insight and feedback on the different analytical products we offer.
• Responsible for helping AD and AS on media plans and strategies for existing accounts to ensure we provide perspective based on real data points and insights.
• Focus on insights and analytical projects that help drive incremental investment from existing accounts.
• Lead Account teams in providing analytical solutions outside of just weekly or monthly reporting with the aim to answer challenging client questions that push
• Facilitate case studies and macro learnings from active accounts to help create collateral and documentation.
• Expand the scope of projects outside of the Media team as seen fit; provide value to other HYFN departments including Product, Tech, Creative and Data Science.
• Ability to determine the key attribution windows for reporting to determine optimal campaign performance.
• Demonstrate the ability to provide thoughts on optimizations to overall media tactics including new platform test, new audiences and new creatives.
• Be Proactive in adopting new reporting tools for existing accounts to ensure that we are able to consistently answer client needs but also elevating look and feel to
be more digestible.
• Proficient in understanding the strength’s and weaknesses with Google Analytics and differences between how each social platform attributes conversions.
• Responsible for identifying macro trends across verticals to help determine solutions that should be implemented for existing accounts.