Click column header to sort
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station.
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions.
- Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts.
- Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, work stations and printers.
- Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel.
- Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Requirements of position:
- Be able to operate for extended periods in extremes of heat and cold, wind, rain, ice and snow.
- Be able to travel on foot, for extended distances, on steep grades, at high altitude, in adverse conditions, carrying tools & equipment.
- Be able to operate and/or travel on Off-Highway Vehicles including ATVs, snowmobiles, and snowcats.
- Be able to conduct basic vehicle services such as: winching and recovery operations, tire chain application, flat tire repair & replacement.
- Be able to operate at significant height from the ground, using ladders, man lifts, and climbing safety equipment.
- Be able to lift and carry a weight of up to 50lbs, and lift and position such weights overhead.
- Be able to stand for extended periods, crouch, crawl, climb, bend, descend to and rise from the ground, and operate in any combination of such positions.
- Knowledge and experience operating outdoors in remote areas a strong plus.
The Meteorologist forecast weather conditions and produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
We are searching for a Dynamic and Top-Peforming Sales Hunter and Team Leader. A believer in our best-of class digital products. A mover and shaker. A ferocious competitor who delivers the goods for clents and prospects and closes business. If the above describes you, we may just what you are looking for.
Integreted Digital Specialist for WDVM in Washington-Hagerstown
As a memver of the Washington, DC (Hagerstown)/Nexstar digital sales team, the Integrated Digital Specialist is responsible for generating and growing digital marketing services revenue for the company. The IDS will be the Washington-Hagerstown market expert on digital services and will work, both independently and in conjunction with the Nexstar sales team, to achieve budgeted revenue goals in the digital marketing services area. The Integrated Digital Specialist will achieve this by professioinaly and effectively selling Nexstar's digital products and inventories (including but not limited to targeted video, digital audience and reach extensions, SEO/SEM. and sponsorhips) with the intent to advance client objectives.
WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate located in the beautiful Gulf Coast, seeks a talented Sales Professional to work within an established Sales Department with guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and eMedia business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
WFXR is accepting applications for a Multimedia Journalist. This position produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
WFXR, the local FOX affilate in Roanoke, VA is accepting applications for a Weekend Anchor/Reporter position. The News Anchor Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. Successful candidate should have previous news anchoring or reporting experience. Excellent communication skills with strong attention to details and solid news judgment. Must be a team player.
WFXR WWCW has an immediate opening for a part-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant greets and provides excellent customer service to visitors and answers and routes telephone calls in addition to assisting with various accounting duties.
Nexstar Digital is the digital subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) that offers media companies and advertisers a comprehensive suite of leading digital solutions and services focused on audience targeting, user engagement, and the overall performance of online, mobile, and multimedia content and marketing campaigns. Agency Services is a multiplatform digital media company that connects local brands to the right audiences. A market leader in local advertising, we democratize advanced media for small-to-medium businesses nationwide.
JOB SUMMARY: As a Senior Paid Search Specialist you will directly manage search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns across both Google AdWords and Bing Ads, making optimizations and updates daily. Your role will include but is not limited to, initial strategy planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with the account managers and sales partners to maximize client’s overall lead generation.
WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate in Mobile/Pensacola, seeks a News Photographer to join our news team. The News Photographer is responsible for operating television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports.
Our CBS affiliate KELOLAND News is now hiring a Digital Sales Manager!
The ideal candidate should have a strong grasp of current digital marketing tools and strategies and social media platforms. Must be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. The Digital Sales Manager will work with the sales teams to generate revenue to meet and exceed goals.
- The candidate will also provide on-going training to sales team, assisting with calls, effective sales proposals and presentations, and build strong relationships within the community.
- Identify and create new digital opportunities that can significantly grow revenue;
- Manage online advertising inventory.
- Measure and report performance on a weekly/monthly basis and assess against goals (ROI/KPIs).
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
WKRG.com has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Manager (DCM)/Reporter. The DCM/Reporter should be passionate about local news, innovative, reader-focused, and full of creativity and initiative. Working directly with the Digital Content Producers, the DCPs and DCM/Reporter bring the day’s content to life in a way that engages and captures the attention of our online audience.
Nexstar Digital's Agency Services is a multiplatform digital media company that connects local brands to the right audiences. A market leader in local advertising, we democratize advanced media for small-to-medium businesses nationwide. Nexstar Digital is the digital subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) that offers media companies and advertisers a comprehensive suite of leading digital solutions and services focused on audience targeting, user engagement, and the overall performance of online, mobile, and multimedia content and marketing campaigns.
As a product within the Nexstar Digital Family, we thrive on big ideas but also understand that the smartest concepts are supported by measurable results. Launching hundreds of projects a year, HYFN Local works in lockstep toward the best solutions possible. Our local media solutions and best-in-class suite of advertising products are fueled by industry-leading data providers and ad quality monitoring systems that drive meaningful business results. Find out more here: https://www.nexstardigital.com/
Agency Services is looking for an experienced Programmatic Director to help lead our digital campaign management team. This individual should have strong quantitative and analytic skills to oversee and guide the implementation and delivery of our client’s advertising campaigns. They should also have a proven ability to identify and solve problems as well as be highly flexible and willing to adapt to an ever-changing digital landscape.
The Multi Media Journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningfull to news consumers.